Requirements for Rental
– 25 years minimum age for boat captains.
– Valid drivers license
– If you were born after January 1, 1982, you must have a ODNR boaters safety course certificate or equivalent NASBLA approved course, and sign sworn statement to that effect
– Must take a boating safety quiz and review with Clemons employee
– 100% of rental fee required to reserve rental – Book here: rentals.clemonsboats.com
– Rental rates do not include fuel or sales tax
– In addition to rental fees, a $500.00 security deposit is required before departure.
– All boats include U.S.C.G. safety gear, charts, depth finder, compass & VHF radio
– Renter assumes all liability for damages due to their negligence during rental
– Check with your auto or home insurer to see if you are covered. We do not offer optional insurance.
– Late returns will be charged $50.00 for each 15 minutes past your scheduled return time.
– Late fees will be deducted from your security deposit.
– Consecutive full day rentals can use boat during all daylight hours;
– Boat must be moored at dusk, per our insurance company and policies
– Dockage is included, if desired, for multi day rentals
– Full day rentals from from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
– ½ Day AM rentals are from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
– Save 10% on rentals of 3 full days or more
Rental Deposit Policy
If adverse weather conditions force us to cancel rentals, we will issue you a full refund, or reschedule your rental appointment. If you choose to cancel your reservation, and do so at least 7 full days before your rental day, we will try to re-book the boat. If we are able to do so, we will refund your rental fee, less a 15% handling fee. If you choose to cancel your reservation less than 7 days before your rental day, 50% of your rental fee will be retained. If you re-book (in the same season) we will apply your deposit to the new booking date.